Monday, February 18, 2013

Real Food - Real Life - Real Fun: RIGHT TO KNOW GMO CT By Tara Cook-Littman

Real Food - Real Life - Real Fun: RIGHT TO KNOW GMO CT

RIGHT TO KNOW GMO CT






Recently, I spoke at a press conference in Hartford about the GMO labeling bills in CT.  Below is my statement.  It came from my heart.  Click HERE for an article about the day.  

"We are proud to announce the growth of the Right To Know GMO CT coalition that is bringing together individuals, organizations, farmers, restaurant owners and national organizations to send a strong message that we will not stop until CT residents have the right to know what is in their food.

I represent the Grass Roots Movement that has been the heart and soul of the CT GMO Labeling movement. Mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, farmers, chefs, dietitians, and Dr.s among others, have come together to demand our right to know what is in our food.  Such a simple request - the right to know what is in our food so we can choose whether or not to feed our families GMOs.  A right the citizens of 62 other countries, including all of Europe, Japan, China, New Zealand, and Australia already enjoy. But not here in America where we are shopping totally blind, worse than that, we are being misled to believing we are buying non GMO products when we see the word natural on a package (show bag of corn chips and how misleading it is, example of the desperate need for labeling so consumers can make informed choices.) 

About Me

My Photo
Above all else I am a mom of three young children and like to call myself CEO of the corporation Littman, Inc. I am also an attorney and am a former New York City Prosecutor. Most recently I received my certification as a Holistic Health Counselor from The Integrative Institute for Nutrition based in New York City. I currently have a private practice as a Health Counselor guiding clients on a journey to wellness by helping them learn about healthful eating, managing stress levels, feeding their families better and helping them stay active. As a former Prosecutor I am also putting my public speaking and advocacy skills to use by leading seminars and conducting workshops on different topics dealing with health and wellness. I believe in a realistic, step by step approach to living a healthier life within the confines of our modern, busy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment