Friday, April 26, 2013

GMOs and multiple chronic diseases - Seattle GMO | Examiner.com

People are ill and they are not waiting for scientists to tell them that GMOs are making them ill. Rachel Linden said in an interview on Weekly Women's GMO Free News, “I don't know why science has replaced common sense. I don't need to check with my doctor to know how I feel when I eat GMOs and how I feel when I don't eat GMOs. I don't need a scientist to tell me forty years from now that they were wrong about GMOs. I'm going to decide for myself right now.”

A paper published last week in the scientific journal Entropy explains the connection between glyphosate and gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.

According to the authors, “glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins. Negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body. Here, we show how interference with CYP enzymes acts synergistically with disruption of the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids by gut bacteria, as well as impairment in serum sulfate transport. Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We explain the documented effects of glyphosate and its ability to induce disease, and we show that glyphosate is the 'textbook example' of exogenous semiotic entropy: the disruption of homeostasis by environmental toxins.”

Read More
GMOs and multiple chronic diseases - Seattle GMO | Examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment