Monday, May 20, 2013

Ashley's Green Life: How We Say NO to GMOs

Hi greenies, boy am I fired up and ready to tell you all about GMOs. Call me crazy for just now jumping on the anti-GMO bandwagon, but to be honest I really thought I was doing a decent job of keeping them out of my family's food...but I was wrong.


For those of you who don't know, GMOs stand for: Genetically Modified Organisms. GMOs are basically food or animals that have had their DNA tinkered with, often so the crop can withstand heavy doses of pesticide spray (think Round Up and Monsanto) or so that it can kill insects that try to eat the crop. The even more twisted part of GMOs that they combine the DNA from two SPECIES that wouldn't normally reproduce in nature. That just sticks in my mind as being especially odd.  Now what are the health implications that come from combining the genes from two species? Good question...no one knows!
Read More
Ashley's Green Life: How We Say NO to GMOs

No comments:

Post a Comment