Sunday, October 25, 2015

Vlogger Darryl Ivy - Chemicals Gushing From Truck In Public Parking Lot

This is an edited transcript from the YouTube video below. The clip was taken from a 1+ hour live stream interview session with Darryl Ivy, a former truck driver with Apple Aviation, who vlogged getting repeatedly sprayed on the job with toxic chemicals. Due to tech issues on the Oct. 23rd panel discussion, GMO Free News will redo the live stream interview, Friday October 30 at 10am (PST). See video embed at the end of this blog post.
Kathleen Hallal, GMO Free News: Darryl would you say that what you saw was sort of common practice? It does sound like that company you were working for might have been the extreme example. Would you say that? Or would you say this sloppy handling of chemicals is kind of common?

Darryl Ivy: Well I have to say that...I can only say what happened to me obviously with Applebee. But, I can tell you right now. That I grew up thinking that the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys had black hats. We knew who people were.

When I handed these videos off and this evidence off to the Oregon Department of Transportation, the Department of Agriculture, OSHA, the FAA and to the EPA, I thought that I was done.

I'm not a whistle-blower.

I thought I did something that everybody else would do that has a moral compass.
I saw something that was really wrong, nobody was doing anything about it, and so I stopped and helped the guy beside the road while other cars pass by.

I went to these agencies and I handed them the evidence and they told me that basically that I'm a white elephant in the room and that I need to go away. At this point, to this day, right now going on six or seven months, the EPA and the FAA still has to weigh in on their findings on this.

So, when you asked, if I think it's common practice or not or Applebees is the lone wolf...?

I have to lean a little in the direction that, these companies are protected, and if they weren't protected, when I came forth with this, these agencies, these guys with the white hats, should have been out there doing their job and instead they wanted me to go away.

So, I have to lean in the direction that maybe this is common practice and maybe, maybe I'm not an isolated incident.

And yes maybe Applebee is extreme with their defective equipment the way they operate but due to the delay in action from the agencies....

Let's just say I felt like I was doing more verbal combat with these agencies than they were questioning me as a victim, actually, felt like I'd done something wrong, when I left these interviews, and I had to do a lot of soul-searching and questioning on what the heck I did I do wrong and I felt bad.

It took a month and a half, two months, for me to really, really get the fire burning in me that I didn't do anything wrong.

These are the guys that sprayed me.

They are the ones contaminating the creeks.


That truck right there....It was parked in Fred Meyer's parking lot (See Video) with Velpar DF in it. It causes irreversible permanent eye damage and I'm in Freddy Meyer's parking lot and it's dripping chemicals.

I know that five-year-old kids walk by trucks and vehicles and they rub their fingers down them and I was astounded.

I went out of the way to park my truck way, way, way in the butt end, of the parking lot at Fred Meyers just so a kid would not walk by and be blinded by what was dripping off of my truck. And it to me....

Rachel Linden, GMO Free News: Yeah, I gotta say, I have two kids. I've seen them to step their feet and splish splash in puddles. I've seen dogs licking things, little puddles of water, I cringe as a mother, thinking "oh my goodness" you know how, how could these leaky trucks and you had video of them leaking, leaking everywhere like a garden hose leaking off the truck. All these chemicals. ..

Darryl: Yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment