Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mom Apologizes to Kids about GMOs | Moms Across America

Mom Apologizes to Kids about GMOs | Moms Across America

Dear Boys,

You may not understand all of this now, at  10, 7 and 4, but someday you will.

Someday, you will know that I fed you genetically modified food for 9 and a half years,
and you will wonder why.

You will wonder how someone could do that to their children.
You may wonder why I didn’t know. 
You may wonder why I wasn’t more vigilant to find out.
You may wonder why I didn’t take
you to the doctors more often or sooner and find out why
you had so many allergies.
You may wonder why
you felt so tired, distracted and felt out of control cranky,  why
you  had to go to school with a rash around your mouth and feel embarrassed for weeks.
You may wonder why
you thought something  was wrong with you.
You may wonder why I just gave up and basically said
”You have allergies and that’s the way it is. Deal with it.”

You may think that my lack of action around your allergies and interest in what  we were eating was some sort of sign that I didn’t love you.

I am sorry.
I am so so so sorry that I did not wonder more myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment